The following publications and presentations examine web annotation, educator learning, and open educational practice. If you would like access to or any additional information about these publications and presentations please contact Remi Kalir.
Publications about annotation and learning:
- Kalir, J. & Dean, J. (In Press). Web annotation as conversation and interruption. Manuscript accepted for publication in Journal of Media Practice.
- Kalir, J. (In Review). The emerging role of open web annotation in communities of practice. Manuscript submitted for review to Technology, Knowledge and Learning.
- Kalir, J. & Perez, F. (In Preparation). The Marginal Syllabus: Educator learning via open web annotation. Book chapter proposal accepted for full submission to Social Annotation in Modern Learning Contexts.
- Hollett, T., & Kalir. J. (2017). Mapping playgrids for learning across space, time, and scale. TechTrends, 61(3), 236-245.
Presentations about annotation and learning:
- Kalir, J., Zamora, M., Dean, J., DeRosa, R., Campbell, G., & Levine, A. (2017, October). Layered learning: Web annotation in collaborative and connected contexts. Research to be presented at 2017 Digital Media and Learning Conference. University of California Irvine, Irvine, California.
- Kalir, J. (2017, May). Annotation in the classroom. Invited moderator at 2017 I Annotate. San Francisco, CA.
- Kalir, J. (2017, April). Open web annotation: Social and collaborative annotation for online teaching and learning. Invited presentation at Beyond Canvas: Teaching with Social Media. University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado.
- Kalir, J. & Hollett, T. (2017, April). Playgrids as new media configurations for learning across space, time, and scale. Roundtable research presentation at 2017 American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting. San Antonio, Texas.
- Kalir, J. (2016, October). What Maimonides, Banksy, and Alexandra Elbakyan can teach us about open annotation. Ignite Talk presented at 2016 Digital Media and Learning Conference. University of California Irvine, Irvine, California.
- Holden, J. (2016, May). Positing playful annotation in the open. Research presented at 2016 I Annotate. Berlin, Germany.